Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Turn off comment boxes in workflow
ashokc
Hi,
Is it possible to turn off the 'gray pop-up boxes for comments ' that show up during the workflow process? Some of the users do not want to enter any comments and would rather minimize the clicks. Thanks for your help
- ashok
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
IEven if there were a way, it's generally a good idea to prompt for a comment (to make sure they didn't accidentally click). I just wish there was a way to require a comment instead of just allowing null strings.
Adam Stoller
There have been feature requests filed along these lines - I don't remember the ID's for them anymore (I believe there was at least one for *not* having the dialog box and at least one for making the textarea contents *required*) - not sure what the status is of them though, best you contact Interwoven Support and ask them to find it for you and then have them add your [customer] name to the list of interested parties.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ela
Hi, check out this thread
Transition Comment Pop-ups
Regards,
Eldbjoerg
Migrateduser
You don't have to worry about these once you upgrade to 6.1. Comment fields are embedded into the task UI. So in effect the Feature Request for this issue was resolved in 6.x.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Adam Stoller
I suppose so - at least with regard to not having them pop-up.
The issue regarding being able to make the comment field required is (or should be) still open as far as I can tell.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I am of the opinion that required comment fields are more of a process issue than a UI issue. Even if you make a comment field mandatory, the user could still typically just enter a single period character and fulfill the field's requirements. Actually putting a meaningful comment in a form field is something Project Managers and the like should be enforcing as required process. I know it's nice to force people to enter
something
in the field, but it isn't a guaranteed solution to the problem of forcing people to enter a meaningful comment.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Adam Stoller
Understood - though a reasonable regex that requires N characters will make it more obvious that the person is circumventing the process than not requiring it at all (or just requiring a single character) - again, it should be optional / configurable based on the needs/desires of the organization.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ashokc
Thank you all for the responses. I appreciate it. Upgrading to 6.1 is on our agenda, so this issue would be resolved then.
- ashok