Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
new branch as external task?
rocketman
would anyone be able to tell me how to create a branch in a workflow? Im assuming it would have to be an external task. A perl program maybe?
thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
iwmkbr CLT
RTFM
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
rocketman
Wow Dave, thanks for the friendly advice. Would you be willing to offer me some more? Regarding the "M" in your adorable acronym, could you tell me where i could get one? An on-line reference perhaps? All I have is some books on how to use teamsite, and the online references for templating and FormAPI. All of my workflow programming is being done from the mediocre training i recieved, and reverse-engineering the default ones....
nipper
>iwmkbr CLT
>
>RTFM
SInce it would be pointless to follow up on SMitty's detailed and eloquent instructions, I will refrain from trying.
However I would be very curious on what you are hoping to accomplish by making a branch in a WF.
I can think of one or two applications where this might be useful (creating a release branch etc) but the
implementation would be rather complex. For someone asking a simple question like this, I envision a
branching structure that goes wildly out of control
Just my $ .02
me
Migrateduser
If you have access to the Interwoven Support Web Site, you can download all manuals there. If not, speak to your Sales Rep about getting hard copies of the manuals. The manual you'll need in this specific instance is Command-Line Tools (CLT).
- Jason
PS: "RTFM" is standard lingo here for some reason. Don't be offended.
nipper
BTW, Smitty did tell you what FM to RT
Migrateduser
LOL...Now that is a good response. First of all, Elton, go to the support site and download all the manuals. That would be under the section titled
Documentation
. Pay specific attention to the Command Line Tools Reference. Then look up iwmkbr. You're almost there. Figure out how to implement it in perl and you'll be master poo-bah in no time.
Seriously, you're doomed if you have no background in TeamSite other than the previous guy who held your job teaching you the ropes in between searches on monster.com. Download all the docs and read through them. Take some Interwoven training if at all possible. You will have a rough go of it if you try and learn your way through via DevNet. Good luck.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
nipper
So Smitty, I have not seen Rocketman post again. You must have scared off another one.
Good job.
Migrateduser
I don't think I scared him off...I just gave him some great advice. With any luck, he's buried his head in some docs. I guess there are worse places to have your head buried...
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com