Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Changing default font in VF
kelvin
Hi,
Does anyone know how to change the default font in VisualFormat? No matter what I can in visualformatconfig.xml, it is always default to Times New Roman.
Thx.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You may be seeing your browser's default font rather than visual format's default font.
Try playing around with your browser's preferencese / "Internet options"
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
kelvin
ok, i have checked and it does take the font (Times New Roman) from the Internet Options. but how do i override it? is there any enabling/disabling feature either in VF or IE?
Most of the time, if a user override the default settting programatically, that should take precedence over the default value (in this case, IE font setting), right?
Adam Stoller
There's probably a setting in IE to allow it to use the page's fonts - but hey - it's IE - and I don't think there's much that Interwoven or Ektron (makers of the VFE) can do about it....
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
kelvin
I changed the font from 'Times New Roman' to 'Arial' in IE's font setting and when I edit a DCR with a textarea, the font inside the textarea is shown with 'Arial' font. That is fine but when I click the textarea box, the dropdown box for the VF still default to 'Times New Roman'. The user would like the default value in the dropdown box to be set to 'Arial'. Is there any way to default the font in the dropdown menu in VF toolbar to a 'preferred' font?
Adam Stoller
I would suggest you check the Ektron web site / contact Ektron's support folks (or go through Interwoven's support ...)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Michael
In your visualformat.xml you can reference a custom css.
eg
<standard
your standard attributes
>
<style publishstyles="false" href="/iw/custom/
yourFile
.css" equivClass="all" preservewordstyles="false" preservewordclasses="false">
</style>
In yourFile.css you can define the font-family for p tags. This then changes the default setting on the cmdfontname droplist in the VisualFormat toolbar.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Michael
Adam Stoller
Interesting - if you edit the ektnormal.css - the file that *appears* to be the default CSS used by the VFE - it doesn't seem to have any effect. But if you specify your own CSS file (as per your suggestion) copy the ektnormal.css and make the modifications in the copy - it works!
My first foray into VFE customization... now I realize how lucky I was to manage to avoid doing this in the past ;-)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com