Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Upgrade to TS6.1 SP1
neilmas
Hi,
We are planning to upgrade from TS5.5.2 to TS6.1. As per the manuals, in TeamSite 6.1, iw-perl is based on Perl 5.8.2. Can anyone let me know regarding what is to be done regarding the DBI and DBD?
Thanks in advance,
Neil
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
If you are currently using DBI/DBD modules with your iw-perl then you need to confirm whether TS 6.1 ships with them pre-installed -- I think I can remember reading somewhere that most of these modules aren't pre-installed, something to do with license restrictions. Either way it depends what database/version you are on I guess.
If they aren't pre-installed then it should be relatively straightforward to obtain the DBI/DBD modules compatible with 5.8.2 and install them -- once again depending on your database and version.
For most people I expect that the upgrade of iw-perl should makes things easier. On a number of jobs I have worked on it has been necessary to install an additional instance of perl on the TeamSite server to enable perl connectivity with modern Oracle databases. With TeamSite now shipping with 5.8.2 this should no longer be necessary. Hooray!
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Michael
neilmas
Hi Michael,
Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards,
Neil
Michael
No worries Neil - good luck with your upgrade
neilmas
Hi,
One more question regarding this. Since Perl is being upgraded to 5.8.2 on the TS server (which in my case also has OD base installed), is it necessary to upgrade the versions of Perl on the Target servers? The current version of Perl on the Targets is 5.005_03.
Thanks in advance,
Neil
Michael
Hi Neil
I guess it all depends what you are doing with Perl on your target servers.... but without knowing the specifics I would hazard a guess that it wouldn't be
necessary
, as your target servers are generally indepedent entities.
However, personally I would like to have everything upgraded and running on the same version to make it easier to develop and maintain -- unless of course there is a very good reason not to.
hth
Cheers
Michael
neilmas
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your response.
We will be deploying TS content from the base server (having Perl 5.8.2) to the target servers (having 5.005_03). We are using synchronized deployments using OD and DD in which DnR scripts run on the target.
So, do you feel its better to upgrade Perl on the targets?
Thanks,
Neil
Michael
Hi Neil
From what you have posted I can't think of any reason not to upgrade all your Perl instances to 5.8.2 -- I reckon you should go for it!
. You will of course want to test it all out in your development environment first though...
Cheers
Michael
neilmas
Hi Michael,
Thanks a ton for all your help.
Regards,
Neil