Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD Reciever to Reciever
artor
Hi,
I have two reciever installed and one base server and sometimes I need to deploy content from reciever to reciever and how can it possible ...I have one thought that base server pulls the contenct from one reciever and push the content to other reciever server is it right or is there any alternative?
Second thing I have one machines with three differenct port so please let me know how many instance do i need to install of OD?is there any specific configuration required for it.
I don't make any research on it but I will appreciate your comment.
Environment OD 6.1 + Solaris 5.8 + TeamSite 6.1
Regards,
A
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
It is not possible to initiate a deployment from a receiver. So, you either need to replace a receiver with a base server, or do as you suggest... pull content from one receiver using the base server, and then push the content to the other receiver from the same base server.
Not sure I understand the second question. After you install a 6.x base server or a receiver on a host, you can create multiple "instances" using iwodinsttool. Each separate instance must use a separate set of ports. Ports used by OD are described in the Reference manual (chapter 2 in the OD 601 Reference.)
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
artor
Thanks Todd to reply I will look at the manual, Actually physically I have one machine but it has for example <ipaddress>
ort1 , <ipaddress>
ort2 and <ipaddress>
ort3 and ip address is same only port is changing on that machine. any help if you understand it?
Regards,
A
Migrateduser
Then I think you can install either an OD 6 base server or receiver, and then configure it for 3 instances, each listening on a different port.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
artor
Thanks Todd and it helps me alot to solve my problem.
Regards,
A