Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy External Tuple Preprocessor Errors
jyk
We are looking at using the External Tuple Preprocessor functionality of DataDeploy to both add data to the DCR and also validate some of the DCR data against an external database. When I validate the data I need to be able to send an error message back to DataDeploy indicating that there is an error.
Is it possible to send to use an External Tuple Preprocessor java class to send an error message back to DataDeploy such that DataDeploy will stop its processing? If so how? Can I then make this error message part of the DataDeploy response for presentation to the user?
Thanks for any input.
John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
The TPP is intended to enable the dynamic modification of data before it's deployed. I don't think you can gracefully trigger an error.
However, I suppose you could force an error by injecting invalid data that causes the database to complain and as a result fail the deployment.
I've filed Feature Request #53037. Please contact Tech Support if you would like your company attached to the request.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com