Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DCT synchronization across branches
System
On this project the same DCT exists on multiple branches. I found a problem today where a developer (probably me) had updated the DCT in one branch but not in the other branches. What I would really like is for DCTs to support symbolic links so instead of a DCT in each branch there would just be a symlink so updating in one place would update all (I can't imagine why it doesn't currently support this unless it is a percceived secuyrity issue as users could relink the DCT and execute any code as an inline - would love to hear a response from IWOV on this). Since that probably won't fix that I would like to automate a lightweight solution (no workflow). I guess the entire DCT could be an inline, but since nested inlines aren't supported that means a pretty big code refactoring here. I am wondering how people generally deal with this and if they are willing to share code.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
LooseCannon
My shop accomplishes this task by breaking the DCT into components (perl files that print valid XML) and refer to the components with inlines.
Chad_Hayton
Would you be willing to post a snippet of the code on the Perl side and on the DCT side so we can see how you set this up?
LooseCannon
Attached is a simplified example of using a “publishing information” component that one of my colleagues wrote. (we reference it in most of our dcts)
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Chad_Hayton
Thanks. This was very helpful.
Adam Stoller
You might want to contact support and ask to be added to FR #
53270
- see my
post
describing this FR in more detail.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Please consider submitting this as a contribution to our tech library....here's the link:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/docs/ext_contrib.html
...it'll be much easier to find things when they aren't buried as attachments to old posts.
Regards
lissa