Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MediaBin Web Client
nwelch
Hello-
I am new to interwoven products, and my company is currently testing out MediaBin. I am trying to get the web client to work on our server, and I receive an error when trying to log in. Below is the generated error message from the mediabin web client.
Unable to connect to server. Reason: Cannot Create Server Session. (0x80040469)
Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Nathan Welch
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
i_like_smile
Hi Nathan,
Did you make sure you entered correct server name and domain name on the login page? This error may be caused by trying to connect to wrong servername.
I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Li
Li
Interwoven Certified Professional
Interwoven Inc.
http://www.interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Hi Nathan,
I think Li's post was correct, but I thought I'd check to make sure...
In the login screen (web client), when it asks for "server" it's asking for the MediaBin Server name, not the IIS server.
As a pre-emptive strike, the Mac client is just the opposite. When it asks for "server" you need to point it at the IIS server--this is because the Mac client uses the Web Services API which runs under IIS.
Feel free to ping me if you need anything--I think I gave you my card in the onsite.
Mark...
nwelch
Mark and Li
Thank you both for your replys.
I am using the correct domain, and server name. My mediabin server name is VML MediaBin. And the domain I am connecting to is vmldev.
I have attached a screen shot of the login screen. Please let me know if there is anything else I can try.
Thanks again for all of your help
Thanks
Nathan
Nathan Welch
VML
BrianMeek
Hey Nathan,
Your last post raised a red flag with me when I saw the way you wrote the server name "VML MediaBin". This field should be populated with the IP host name of your MediaBin server, and space characters won't work. IOW, you should be able to ping the server using this name in a command prompt.
If your MediaBin server and IIS server are running on the same box, try "localhost". Otherwise, try putting in the actual IP address of your server in this field.
Good luck with it,
-- brian
nwelch
Thanks Brian-
That did the trick. I used the Server (Computer Name) name and that worked just fine.
Thanks for everyone's help on this.
Thanks
Nathan Welch
VML