Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Search DCRs in Teamsite V6.1
bibulle
I'm trying to access the Search DCRs in Teamsite V6.1 (I'm testing portability from 5.5.2).
I tried to add the menu item in the iw.cfg file, but I didn't work.
How can I add it ? With the UITK ?
It seems the iwsearchdcr.cgi is still the same (with old interface). Does it means there's an other way to search DCRs ?
Thank you for your help
Eric
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
Ah, finally, another user asking the same question!
I asked the same Q. some time ago, maybe not in the forum, but to David Yun himself by mail.
there is no real answer. Webdesk pro still has the old CGI.
new TeamSite DOES NOT have such a facility, despite all the hoopla around this product! you might try to add that old CGI as the custiom menu item using the wrapper. will probably work, but, oh boy, it's gonna be ugly!
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
bibulle
Very bad news !
We have our own CGI to search the DCRs, created from iwsearchdcr.cgi. The problem is that the frames changed and the way DCRs are opened changed too (and UI). So our code doesn't work and we get bad URLs (something like top.Ctl.pw_cci_start(<dcr_path>), top.Ctl not existing)
Do you mean there's no new iwsearchdcr.cgi that's compatible with T6.1 ?
Eric
gzevin
Do you mean there's no new iwsearchdcr.cgi that's compatible with T6.1 ?
yes, this is exactly what I mean. The product that had its UI completrely redesigned, is now miising one of the essential (for many customers) components.
as for the paths - did you try to invoke your custom CGI via the wrapper?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
bibulle
Which one ? The iw_wrapper_cgi.cgi ?
At this time, the problem is not the search form (that is well formed) but the target of the form itself. I mean, the result of iwcgi.cgi/search (target of dcrSearchForm) is something like I said just before (top.Ctl). And, of course, there's no compatibility with the new interface. Is there a wrapper to avoid this problem ? Or maybe a new CGI to call instead of iwcgi.cgi ?
Thank you for your help.
Eric
Migrateduser
If you have DataDeploy installed and working you could write your own web pages to query the SQL database.
gzevin
this exactly is what the initial poster is talking about
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
bibulle
Hi.
We have only redesigned the initial iwsearchdcr.cgi (new CGI called Search_DCRs.cgi). We changed the look of the form and we changed the beginning of the CGI to call it from a cgi task. But the process in itself is strictly the same. The CGI calls "iwcgi.cgi/search" (like iwsearchdcr.cgi) and this is the return of iwcgi.cgi that is the problem. The links returned are incompatible with the new UI. This would be a pity to re-develop a CGI that processes the search.
What I don't understand is Search DCRs doesn't work in Teamsite V6.1 because of iwcgi.cgi !? How can it be possible ? This is a really essential functionality.... I certainly forget something, but what ?