Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problems with access to Teamsite
saller
Hello,
I have had to reinstall Teamsite due to a problem with Teamsite access. Once I finished my installation I had the same problem. The message I receive when I try to enter in Teamsite is this:
The TeamSite Web Daemon was unable to contact the TeamSite Servlet Engine. The TeamSite Servlet Engine may be down, or running on an unexpected host or port.
Please contact your system administrator.
Does anyone know why is this happening? My server is Windows 2000 server with SP4 and Teamsite version 5.5.1.
Thank very much.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
My server is Windows 2000 server with SP4 and Teamsite version 5.5.1
Uhm - are you sure about that TeamSite version? I don't believe that W2K SP4 was supported until something like TS 5.5.2 SP4 or SP5 - so if you're using TS 5.5.1, don't expect it to work in that environment.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
iwovGraduate
If you can afford a re-install of TeamSite why not upgrade ?
saller
Well I´ve just checked the version and I have got this result:
>iwversion
No server found:02004: No server found
I have checked the version in the CD and it says 5.5.1. I can try to upgrade to version 5.5.2. Do you think this can be the solution?
Thank you again.
Dwayne
Do you have a valid license? It sounds like TeamSite isn't even starting.
However, I still believe that you're going to run into an issue with W2K SP4, unless, in addition to getting TS 5.5.2, you get the latest Interwoven Service Pack for it as well.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
iwovGraduate
I have checked the version in the CD and it says 5.5.1. I can try to upgrade to version 5.5.2. Do you think this can be the solution?
I am not suggesting that as the only immediate solution. I am saying that if you can do a re-install you might want to consider upgrading.
Was TeamSite running on this server earlier ? If so, have you made *any* changes to the server since you know it was last running ? Changed host/ip/domain ? Applied any Windows SPs ?
As suggested already, check if you have a valid license key.
nipper
You really should think of 6.1
TS 552 SP4 (I think) is the minimum that works with 2K SP4 though check the manual.
Otherwise you may need to uninstall SP4 and get TS going up to 552, then install the SPs
ANdy
saller
I had a problem with the license key during the installation, so as you say this can be the problem. I asked for the license key in support.interwoven/license and they sent me the number, but not even with this number I could not get a valid license key, however I will look for another one and try again.
Dwayne
Look at the file
IW-HOME/install/tsisvalid.log
. If you don't see the message "License is good for node-locked licensing." (or words to that effect) then you don't have a valid license, and that is
definitely
at least a
part
of the problem.
The W2K SP4 issue is still looming for you, but you need to get the license resolved before you're going to get anywhere.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Adam Stoller
Make sure you don't have any trailing white-space on the license key string. There was a problem a while ago with trailing spaces being included in the string returned from the Support site - don't know if that was ever fixed.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
We believe the trailing spaces problem was resolved. If you are still experiencing problems, you should probably contact support.
lissa
saller
Well finally it´s working!. As you have said the problem was in the license. I checked the tmisvalid.log and I saw that the license was not valid, so I asked for a new one and now everything is working.
Thank all of you.
Sergio.