Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Unable to connect to server
cliffhanger
Hi,
For some weird reason my TeamSite server suddenly stopped working, it wasn't responding to any actions I was performing on it, so I tried re-logging, then it gives me the following error after few seconds: "Unable to contact server". I have checked that all TeamSite services are running, so I don't think that's the problem. Any idea?
Thanks
-Cliffhanger
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
Is the y: drive up (I assume you're running windows, since you said "Teamsite services")?
If you run "iwstat" do you get any error message?
Have you checked log files to look for errors?
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
cliffhanger
Hi Dewayne,
After a long time! You and me again
Anyway, back to the problem- Yes I am running the server on windows, it tried "iwstat" and it says the server is running. I viewed iwevents log, doesn't give me any error.
Any clue?
-cliffhanger
iwovGraduate
How about iwserver.log ? iwtrace.log ?
Did you try iwreset ?
Is Y: showing up ?
Dwayne
Perhaps the web daemon isn't running. Have you tried an
iwreset -ui
to referesh the various UI services?
Also make sure the various settings in the
[iwwebd]
of
iw.cfg
make sense.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
cliffhanger
Hi,
"How about iwserver.log ? iwtrace.log ?"
I checked both of them, no error from today. I have been working on it since morning, so don't think I need to worry about past few days errors. what do you suggest?
"Did you try iwreset ?" Tried that, seems to be working fine
"Is Y: showing up ?" Yes it shows up just fine
thanks
-Cliffhanger
cliffhanger
Hi,
I haven't made any changes to iw.cfg lately, and I have been using TeamSite regularly, so would you really expect any problem in there?
Thanks
-Cliffhanger
Dwayne
haven't made any changes to iw.cfg lately, and I have been using TeamSite regularly, so would you really expect any problem in there?
Just because
you
haven't changed it doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't been changed.
Also, some changes don't propagate through immediately, but only after an iwreset (or a complete restart, in some cases).
I assume that you're seeing this error message when you attempt to log in to the server using your web browser. Are you running that browser from your desktop machine, or from the TeamSite server? If from your desktop, try running a browser on the server, to see if you can connect. It may be a networking issue between your desktop machine and the server.
It also might help to cut and paste the exact text of the error message. That might "spark something" in somebody's brain.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
cliffhanger
hi Dewayne,
I think my problem is temporarily fixed, I guess it was one of those weird Windows problems! I rebooted the machine, and now it's working just fine! The exact error message was "Unable to contact sever" and I was trying to run it from the TeamSite server machine.
Thank you,
Cliffhanger