Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Searching for Specific users in the workflow database.
GregOrf
Has anyone ever written or ran across a script which will search for a specific user id in the workflow database. Before deleting a user from ldap (because they have left the company or changed jobs) I would like to make sure that they don't have a upcoming task somewhere in workflow. If they did then the task could be reassigned to someone else and it would continue on without becoming stuck. Have to also consider a task being rejected and going back to an earlier task. I know how to find the active tasks for a user so that part isn't any big deal.
Is it as simple as grepping the workflow files for a user id? It doesn't appear that the id's are hexed or encoded or anything like that and I've found id's, but don't know what the gotchas are. I know that this isn't the most graceful approach so I'm open to all suggestions.
Has anyone ever made sense or seen a document which can be shared on the file naming conventions and what they stand for. If I do a directory listing in (unix) /local/iw-store/workflow/d0/d41/dd3
f12 f23 f33 f3a f4b f4d f52_ f9c_ fad_ fb1_
f12_ f27 f33_ f3e f4b_ f52 f9c fad fb1 points
I know that I'm not suppose to have to know these details, but.....
Thanks
Greg
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
I don't think that poking around the backing store files will help you.
You can probably get what you need by executing a job query and task query. See iwqueryjobs and iwquerytasks.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Adam Stoller
Rather than cobbling up something that is completely unsupported (traversing through the workflow backing store files) - why not either:
make use of the various Perl modules for interacting with workflows to traverse all tasks in all active jobs looking for tasks where user X is listed as the owner and perhaps even change it right there and then, or
Create a little XML snippet file like ("taskq"):
<taskquery><ownedby v="
userid
"/></taskquery>
and use it with the CLT
iwquerytasks
like so:
%
iwquerytasks < taskq
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com