Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
running iwjobc as author
Annad
Hi,
Is there a rule that only masters on TeamSite can run this command: iwjobc.
Thanks. I am not able to run this command as an author.
-Anna
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lhdavis
I don't think authors can ever create a job. Try it as an editor.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
Dwayne
iwjobc
is in fact limited to masters. This is a security constraint.
iwjobc
gives users the ability to execute any arbirary job template,
not
just those defined in
available_templates.cfg
. That means that users with the ability to invoke jobs directly with
iwjobc
have the ability to execute arbitrary commands (external tasks) with whatever permissions they like.
That's why you have to trust your master users, and why
iwjobc
is limited to them.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Annad
I don't know how then that I can run iwjobc on our dev and test servers as an author but not on the prod server as author but only as editor or above. All 3 servers have the same TeamSite version (5.5.2) and Service packs.
-Anna
Dwayne
I don't know how then that I can run iwjobc on our dev and test servers as an author but not on the prod server as author but only as editor or above. All 3 servers have the same TeamSite version (5.5.2) and Service packs.
It's not a question of your
current
role. It's a question of your
maximum
role. That is,
iwjobc
doesn't check to see if you're currently logged in as an author or not. It doesn't even have any way of knowing that you're logged in. All it knows is that it's being run as a given user, so it reads the
master.uid
file before deciding if it's OK to run or not. If the account running the command is listed as a master, then it runs. If not, then it throws the error.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Edited by Dwayne on 08/25/04 01:09 PM (server time).
nipper
>
>I don't know how then that I can run iwjobc on our dev and test servers as an author but not on the prod server
> as author but only as editor or above. All 3 servers have the same TeamSite version (5.5.2) and Service packs.
You are logged into Unix/NT as anna, not as a TS role. Since this is run from the command line, it checks
the UID files
Andy