Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Adding XML Tags to fulltext on search dlg
Ben_inform
I want to write a string (with XML in it) to the full text controll of the search dialog from an NRS script.
The reason is that verity allows us to search within sub-containers of the WorkSite comments field using an XML syntax.
So far I have 2 issues:-
1) When I use the onChange event for the searchDlg it doesn't give me the ID of the control - it always seems to be 0 so I can't filter events.
2) I want to be able to send a string to the full text box such as "<name>Johnny Wilkinson</name>"
I have tried using the
dlg.SetAttributeValueByID
method to set this but it seems to have a problem with XML tags.
if i use a XML-less tag it works. I tried escaping the tags using
dlg.SetAttributeValueByID nrFullText, "this " + Chr(60) + "A" + Chr(62) + " is ok", True
but no joy.
Is what i am doing possible ? Is there a way to escape the XML to get the string into the FUll text box?
I could hack around it by using the win32 findwindow API but that is dirty and a last resort.
Cheers,
Ben.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Weiqun
Hi Ben,
The two issues you mentioned in your e-mail have been fixed in the source code. They should be available in the coming release of the 8.0x.
Thanks,
Weiqun