Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Permission to edit the file
System
Hi,
We are migrating from teamsite 5.5.2 to 6.1 and during this we also are upgrading the application. So, we need to retain the existing content and then edit the content to make some changes related to the new code.
I want to know if master would be able to edit files created by other cms users. I tried doing so, but getting permission error. Could anybody suggest on this.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Hi
Just being logged in as a master user doesn't ensure you have an 'access-all-areas' pass. It depends on the permissions of the WA and directories and files involved.
Are you on Solaris or Windows, what permissions are on the file, what group is the WA shrared with, what groups is your user a member of etc, etc,.
Cheers
Michael
Migrateduser
This is on windows. I saw the permission and file does not have permission for master. and I will have to change the ownership to add master in the permitted list. will this change the ownership of the file within teamsite?