Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Reference manual for xml dcr's
RonaldV
Hi,
does anybody know of a reference manual on how to create a datacapture.cfg for a xml-dcr?
All I can find is an example in the TS-homedir and the iwdtd2sym tool.
Can you create a datacapture.cfg for xml dcr's yourself without the clt-tool and/or a dtd?
Thanks, Ronald
TS552, Win2k
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I believe the "xml" style DCRs were supposed to be based on a DTD and as such it would be difficult to document it too much as DTDs would be customer-specific.
However, if you have the choice - I'd suggest upgrading to 6.x before going this route as the 6.x FormsPublisher handling of xml-style DCRs is [from what I gather] vastly superior to the 5.x mechanism.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
RonaldV
Thanks Fish,
the upgrading tip could be worthwhile.
What I'm refering to a reference is things I see in the example as:
- {iw_sub_elements}[0]
- {iw_attributes}
- #PCDATA
- and what are all the containers for emant for?
I suppose you don't want to go ahead and edit a generated cfg without knowing what you're modification could mean?
Ronald
TS552, Win2k
OD560
Adam Stoller
there's a webcast regarding some of this on this site (i'm watching it now)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
dshah
Hi ,
Can someone help me out in understanding the following terms used in the datacapture.cfg
{iw_sub_elements}[0]
{iw_attributes}
#PCDATA
used in containers please this would help me a lot.
Adam Stoller
Are these items from a DTD-converted to DCT?
I believe that would be the case - if so - a bit more context would probably help.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com