Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy excludePath
mannyroble
Hi there Open Deploy experts,
The documentation seems fairly clear, but I just can't exclude subdirectories in my deployment. I am deploying an Edition form TeamSite and I want to exclude the templatedata subdirectory and some files at the root of the area being deployed. This seems such a basic thing and its not working. All the files and directories are deployed including the ones that I am filtering for. Here is my config file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<deploymentConfiguration >
<localNode host="HOST1" />
<replicationFarmSet >
<replicationFarm name="replicationFarm1" quorum="1" >
<nodeRef useNode="MyLocalHost" >
</nodeRef>
</replicationFarm>
</replicationFarmSet>
<definition name="DeployFiles" >
<source >
<iwStore name="latest Edition" >
<remoteDiff area="//IWSERVER/default/main/internet/EDITION" previousArea="//IWSERVER/default/main/internet/EDITION/INITIAL" name="test">
<pathSpecification >
<path name="." />
<filters>
<!-- Exclude TeamSite internal files -->
<excludedPath subPath="templatedata" />
<!-- Exclude TeamSite internal files -->
<excludedPattern subPath=".*\.file$" />
</filters>
</pathSpecification>
</remoteDiff>
</iwStore>
</source>
<target>
<targetFilesystem area="C:\WebDeploy\test" />
<comparisonRules dateDifferent="yes" />
<replicationFarmLink >
<internal name="replicationFarm1" />
</replicationFarmLink>
</target>
</definition>
<!--
<definition name="DeployDBFiles" >
<source >
<iwStore name="latest Edition" >
<remoteDiff area="//IWSERVER/default/main/internet/EDITION" previousArea="//IWSERVER/default/main/internet/EDITION/INITIAL" name="test">
<pathSpecification >
<path name="server/dev/" >
</path>
</pathSpecification>
</remoteDiff>
</iwStore>
</source>
<target>
<targetFilesystem area="C:\WebDeploy\test" />
<comparisonRules dateDifferent="yes" />
<replicationFarmLink >
<internal name="replicationFarm1" />
</replicationFarmLink>
</target>
</definition>
-->
<deployment transactional="no" >
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="DeployFiles" >
</execDeploymentTask>
</deployment>
</deploymentConfiguration>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Hi
You have:
<excludedPath subPath="templatedata" />
I think you might want to try:
<excludePath subPath="templatedata" />
Hope that helps.
Cheers
Michael
mannyroble
Hi Michael,
It's times like these which make me wonder - was it really worth it to skip coffee this morning?
Thanks for the help,
Manny
Migrateduser
My question is, why did OpenDeploy allow the deployment when there was clearly an invalid tag in the configuration? Seems to me the deployment should have puked and thrown an error.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
mannyroble
One would think that were the case. There should have been validation done with respect to the DTD, but I'm just a lowly programmer.
nipper
>Seems to me the deployment should have puked and thrown an error.
True
It is pretty easy to make OD puke, just hard to find and clean up.