Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Help with callout on TS 6.1 FormPublisher
dcjung
On Teamsite Templating 5.5.2 we had cgi callouts that could attach files to a task. We would read the task id that was rendered in the datacapture form in the hidden field 'task_id". We were referencing the datacapture5.0.dtd and our callout worked.
Now we've upgraded to TS 6.1 with forms publisher and the value of task_id in the DCT is "null". I changed the dtd type in the form to datacapture6.0dtd as well and the value is still null. I need to relate the DCT to the task/job. Any help would be appreciated. TIA
Dan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pflory
Dan,
For debugging purposes, changed the callout target script to show_env.cgi and invoke the callout to see what form variables and env vars are being passed from the DCT. The form var names may have changed from TS 5.5. In any case, this will provide you more info.
If the form var names have changed from the previous TS version, and you have a ton of callouts and don't want to fix all the code, there is a cgi adapter you can make use of to convert the form vars to be backward compatible. The script should be on the support site I believe.
-Paul
Paul Flory
dcjung
Paul,
I appreciate your help. I did dump the show_env.cgi script and there was a ton of useful data in it. Basically, I noticed the task id was passed in the query string of the HTTP_REFERER cgi env variable and was able to parse and extract it out of there. Thanks again!