Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
onItemChange not firing for callout updated item
Tim__D
I'm using a callout to udate a field. Chicking on one of the items in the callout window returns the result to a readonly field in the parent form. When this item is changed I am trying to detect the onItemChage event which I have registered but it is not firing? I suspect since the item is not being changed by the user I am unable to detect the change
Any Ideas on a way around this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
You are correct - the onItemChange doesn't detect programmatic changes, only user initiated changes.
I haven't tried this, but you should be able to have your callout invoke the event handler explicitly after it's set the value. Use the
getScriptFrame
method to find the script frame, which is where the function should "live." My only real concern with that is I'm sure what "context" the function will run in. That is, will it know how to "find" the DCR if it's invoked from another window.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K