Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deployment Considerations
Frack
Can anyone point me to recommendations on large-scale TeamSite implementations. Specifically, I would like readings/recommendations related to
- workflow reuse between TeamSite implementations (is this possible without copying?)
- load tolerances (max number of users/branches per implementation, etc)
- any other considerations which come to mind
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
Can you quantify "large-scale" in your case ?
How many users are you talking about ?
What is the total size of content/number of files you are (planning to) managing in TeamSite ?
What OS platform are you using or considering to use?
Can you explain what you are trying to to you say workflow reuse between TeamSite implementations ? (It seems to me that you are implying more than 1 TeamSite server with load balancing.)
Frack
- approx 100K files
- likely seperate TeamSite servers, possibly some load balancing
- Solaris OS
Situation regarding shared workflow is to be between distinct TeamSite implementations.
iwovGraduate
I don't think you can have two TeamSite servers working together in a load balancing mode (something like web server load balancing). TeamSite is just not designed that way.
Although, with TS 6.1, you can use your own Application Server (instead of whats shipped with TeamSite). I am not sure if you can use lets say 2 WebSphere server load balanced with TeamSite.
From what you have mentioned I really don't see why you need any load balancing anyways. Or maybe I am just missing what you are trying to do. You can manage millions of files, hundreds of users, (possibly more) using a single server.
If you have 100K files in total that you need to manage, then I wouldn't consider it to be "large-scale" from content-size perspective. You can have that many files in a single directory ! (provided your OS can handle it)
Howmany total/concurrent (peak, average) users do you have using TeamSite ?