Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
<allowed> by TPL
fjvelasco
Hi
I want to restrict access to TPLs by DataType in templating.cfg. Reading the DTD I found that <allowed> is only by DataType and not by TPL. I'm searching in the forums and technotes but I cannot find anything about it.
My goal is to have a DataType with 2 TPLs. A TPL outputs HTML for presentation only and the other TPL outputs JavaScript (.JS) and it's used in ExternalTask scripts in workflows. The normal users wants to see an interpretation of the JS (indexes that are used in HTML pages) and I don't want that they are asked to select a TPL.
My framework: TS 6.1 on Windows 2000 server.
Thanks in advance.
FJ.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jeremy
Hi,
If the user doesn't need to see the "javascript" tpl that will be called by an external task (presuming something like iwpt_compile.ipl) then you don't actually need to have it in the templating.cfg file.
We use a master set of templates in a special temaplatemasters folder and just make sure the workflow points to these when generating.
Hope that helps.
Jeremy
fjvelasco
This changes my external tasks proccess but I think that I can addapt them... ok... thanks ;-)
FJ
Adam Stoller
Remember, if you use iwpt_compile.ipl you need to take your own steps to set the TST EA's on the generated file (iwgen does this for you, iwpt_compile.ipl does not)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com