Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
getting workarea name in FormAPI
Renata
would anyone know how to read a <workarea_name> in FormAPI?
I have tried the DCRInfo and there's no functionality for this ...
I'd like to save my dcr as 'workrea_filename' wiht filename being provided by a user (I've got this part working)
thanks ... ro
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
LooseCannon
Search the forum.
It's been discussed repeatedly.
Migrateduser
try this:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEMPLATING&Number=30162&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post30162
lissa
Renata
thank you lissa
pacer11
Hi Lissa,
The link that you gave to the post to obtain workarea information....is this a supported method my Interwoven?
I would like to find out before I use this and it be changed to something else in future releases.
Thank You
Migrateduser
I don't think there is any supported way to get the workarea (although it is a very obvious requirement!), so wrap the variable dereference with a shared/library function, that way if they change the implementation you only have to change your one library.
Migrateduser
I'm checking whether it's supported.
regards,
lissa
Migrateduser
Ok, here's the scoop:
Although this workaround has been posted and works, it is actually not a supported feature. In 6.1 and earlier, there is no easy and supported way to do this.
The good news is that in 6.5, there will be is a supported call to do exactly this.
There may also be a more viable workaround possible. I have some email out to some folks to learn more.
hth,
lissa
Migrateduser
Here's some more data from the engineering team I checked with:
It may also be possible to get the vpath by getting environment variable IW_WORKAREA from the server.
In the Templating developer's guide this is page 50. This is example for the inline callout. The return value might be used with FormAPI.
It might also be retrieved with callServer().
Note that in 6.5 the new call will be IWDatacapture.getWorkarea().
Regards,
lissa
Migrateduser
I think the area is passed as a param to callouts, so you probably don't need to check the environment. An inline would have to dynamically generate JavaScript, which doesn't work with some versions of TeamSite with some browsers (the browser doen't seem to see the dynamicly JavaScript). I would avoid both - just wrap the existing variable with a function, then change that function when you go to 6.5.
Edited by john on 08/10/04 09:16 AM (server time).