Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Copy Content_Store Structure
Paul
Hey I have a question. We are working with TeamSite 6.1 on a Win2K3 server.
Is there a way to copy just the content store structure without copying the content itself?
I need to build a new server and need the stores, branches and workareas but I don't need the content on this particular server. I don't however want to lose any content I have on the source server.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Paul
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
How much content is there?
It might be easiest to just copy the entire store, and then delete the content.
iwmigrate
could theoretically handle at least part of what you're describing, but it's overkill, and not really any easier than manually creating each branch.
If this is a "one shot" deal, I'd say the easiest thing to do would be to create the structure manually, unless you've got hundreds of branches/workareas. If that's the case, or if you think you may need to do this again, then I'd probably write a little Perl script to take a "snapshot" of your structure, and feed that to a corresponding script on the destination server to recreate it.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Michael
Hi Paul,
I don't have any magic bullet solutions sorry. From what I know you can go one of two ways:
- copy the backing store complete from your source to your target and get it working and then clean out all the content
or
- create the new store from scratch
Depending on your requirements and the number of branches / workareas etc I would be initially leaning to the second one. In particular I would suggest developing a script which creates the branches / workareas etc, that way you an easy way of making even more servers in the future that you know will be exact copies. Very handy when establishing extra development/test/UAT environments and such.
Anyhoo that is just my 2 pence.
Cheers
Michael
Adam Stoller
I'd go with the perl script idea - similar to the kind of script used to transfer EAs from one server to another - create a script that records all the branch, workarea, and directory structure information in a way that it can then be easily "replayed" on the other server / in the other store.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
in the suite of migratiom/conversion scripts for backing store conversion from 5.X to 5.5.X, there was a script (I forgot the name, something like iwmkworkareas.ipl) that was replicating at least the structure and ownership of workareas.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
nipper
>I'd go with the perl script idea - similar to the kind of script used to transfer EAs from one server to another - create a script that records
>all the branch, workarea, and directory structure information in a way that it can then be easily "replayed" on the other server / in the other store.
I could see fish, working at Nasa: "You know, we could rewrite all this mission control software in Perl....."
Back on topic..
There is a script in the contributed sw section that will traverse a directory & build a list of EAs. ANother to set the EAs.
get_attributes.ipl and set_attributes.ipl are the names
Andy
Adam Stoller
The problem Nipper is that when you said you were getting back on topic - you got 'off' topic. The scripts you mentioned (which I referenced as an implementation *model*) are for transferring EAs and *not* for transferring branch/workarea/directory structure and permissions ...
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bunch of Perl being used at NASA....
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com