Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
users can access the workarea with no permission
onestop
I create a new branch and a workarea, with the owner: somedomain\user1, and shared by: somedomain\group1,
another user2, not belongs to somedomain\group1, can access the workarea and import/create new file, but can not modify the existing files.
Why?
How can I prohibit the unauthorized user accessing my workarea?
my teamsite version:
iwserver: 6.0.01 Build 29278 Interwoven 20031211
runs on windows 2000 advanced server with sp3.
very urgent!!!!!
thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
You need to check the file sharing permissions of the Y: drive. By default the windows group everyone is added to this year. You will need to remove that group from the top level since it is propagated down into all your branches and workareas.
Check that out and see if it fixes it. There may be more groups than other associated with it. Validate that only the required groups are added to your shares. Go down into your lower level branches to validate that they are being set correctly down there as well.
Santy05
please let me know if you have solved this Issue??
Regards,
Santosh
Santy05
I am facing the same problem. but I am unable to remove "everyone" group.
I get the following error dialog
********************************************************
Unable to save permission change on IFS volume (y
the system cannot find the specified
********************************************************
The same group also exist in iw-home... I cannot remove that also... I get the following error message
***************************************************************************************************************
You cannot remove "Everyone" because this object is inheriting permissions from its parent
***************************************************************************************************************
Any help would be appreciated...
Regards,
Santosh