Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
using new store or new branch
NathansDIS
We are on Win2k with TS 6.1 and have a new customer coming on board for TeamSite. Does anyone use multiple stores or do people recommend that you just add a branch to the default store? I was just wondering what was happening out there in the IW community. Any advice, considerations or input is appreciated.
-NathanDIS
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Typically, I just add a new branch. It usually has enough autonomy but enough flexibility to accomplish what is necessary.
Also, since the ability to have multiple backing stores is a relatively new thing, I think that's why I tend not to go that route, although I have before in more extreme cases.
Dave
Migrateduser
There's a pretty good white paper about Multistore up on the support site. Check out:
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/teamsite/552upgrade/us_006_multistore_bp.pdf
You should also know that multistore is an add-on capability to TeamSite, and is not free. If you decide to go that route you would need to verify that you are licensed for that feature.
regards,
lissa
Dwayne
Once thing to keep in mind is that there's an extra license fee involved if you use multistore.
My criteria for deciding between a new branch and a new store usually relates to the degree of separation between the users of the various branches. If there's a relatively high degree of probability that, in the future, a given branch might be broken off onto a separate server, then it's probably a good candidiate for a separate store now. I've also recommended separate stores for geographic separation. If Europe is in one store, AsiaPac a second, and North and Sound America in a third, then you can do your backups on a rolling basis, taking each store off-line while it's users are in bed, without impacting those users in other geos who are still working.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
NathansDIS
Can you tell me if we are licensed for multistore? We are the State of Washington DIS. -n
Migrateduser
You can check with
supportadmin@interwoven.com
, or your sales person. I don't have access to that information (i'm just an engineer!)
lissa