Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Forcing file naming format when generating
bturns
TS 5.5.2
Solaris 8
Is it possible to force a generated file to have a specific name? (i.e. the generated file must take the name of the DCR, or it must live in a certain path with the name of the DCR).
I would like to alter the generate button so that the user is not prompted to enter a name and path for the generated file, but the user is simply forced to generate into a certain path and use the given DCR name.
Thanks,
Bt.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Disable the Generate button and either provide your own cgi-callout within the DCT to do this *or* control all page generation through a workflow process.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I wonder if this could be implemented with an onSave trigger (iwat, not FormAPI) and what drawbacks there would be (still disable the generate button). Actually, why isn't there a KB article or whatever describing the various options, their pros & cons. This is an obvious, extremely common requirement.
Johnny
Well how about writing one up then John?
John Cuiuli
Migrateduser
> Well how about writing one up then John?
Because, like Interwoven, I can make more money selling it. The correct phraseology would be "it's impossible to know how all customers will be implementing the system".
Migrateduser
Awwww, c'mon... where's the love?
Dave
Migrateduser
> Awwww, c'mon... where's the love?
I have 4+ years with Interwoven...not sure how "love" applies in this context.
Migrateduser
Wow, ok... sorry to bark up the wrong tree. I have 3 years with IW and 5+ years with Vignette -- I find it helps greatly to not be... let's just say "serious" all of the time.
eturock
You just asked why there isn't a KB article, yet now you say you'd rather make money on selling the info. rather than having the KB post here. Well which is it? Pick one.
Thanks,
--Eric
Johnny
It can't be all that bad John, look at all the love you're getting now
It's our choice to be doing this.
John Cuiuli
Migrateduser
> You just asked why there isn't a KB article, yet now you say you'd rather make money on selling the info. rather than having the KB post here. Well which is it? Pick one.
As a consultant I will make the money. If I were a vendor I would write an article.
Migrateduser
It's just annoying how often this question comes up, that there's no single source of information on this issue. This topic may not be suitable for threaded discussions, and anyway it seems that Interwoven should espose best practices.
Johnny
Well I do agree there.
There are some really common requirements that pop up which have been solved many times over.
Those that can be seen as common probably do make more sense for IWOV to display best practice in an article.
John Cuiuli
Migrateduser
I completely agree with you there. IWOV does not have anywhere near the numbers of Technical Writers as they do consultants or engineers. Let's face it, while their customers would be little more than marginally happier with additional documentation, their bottom line would suffer.