Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
container "OR"
meilee
I read the developer's guide and did not really find what the container with combination="or" do. Anyone knows??
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
what do you need to know?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
a Container with 'or' means that when you go to populate the entry within the container you are given a choice of one of the 2-or-more types of items that you are containing.
For example, if I have a container named "Location" with 'or' and inside that container I have 3 items: (a) a text field named "City", (b) a text field named "County", (c) a select list named "Country" -- when you go to add an instance of "Location", I will be prompted to choose from a list: "City","County", "Country" - when I make the selection I will then see the appropriate field waiting for my input (or selection).
You can build up compound examples with 'and's nested within 'or's which might be nested within other 'and's or 'or's etc. But I suggest you tread carefully in so doing as it can become a pain for users as well as for the developers / maintainers.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
meilee
Thanks Fish!
It somwhat does what you have said. The Name field appears by default and when I hit on the add button, it gives me the list with the items, Name and Link. but when I select the Link item it does not render the right fields. I don't see anything wrong with the code or am i missing something??
<container name="name" combination="or">
<label>Name</label>
<item name="company-name">
<label>Name</label>
<description>Company Name (limit 128 chars)</description>
<text required="f" size="60" max="128"/>
</item>
<item name="company-link">
<label>Link</label>
<description>Company Link (limit 128 chars)</description>
<text required="f" size="60" max="128"/>
</item>
</container>
Thanks!
Adam Stoller
You're using 'Name' for both the container and the first contained item - which might be a bit confusing (perhaps not).
When you say tht selecting Link doesn't render the right fields - it's difficult to tell what you're talking about since you didn't include any screen shots or descriptive text explaining what *does* get rendered.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
meilee
I changed the name. But it's still not working. When I click on the + button the list with items Name and Link appears but when I select either Name or Link from the list, it does not do anything. Not sure why it does that :-(
<container name="company-info" combination="or">
<label>Company Info</label>
<item name="company-name">
<label>Name</label>
<description>Company Name (limit 128 chars)</description>
<text size="60" max="128"/>
</item>
<item name="company-link">
<label>Link</label>
<description>Company Link (limit 128 chars)</description>
<text size="60" max="128"/>
</item>
</container>
mgal
This is on which version of TeamSite. I tested your container on a TeamSite 5.5.2 sp4 system and it seems to work fine.
THxs,
Mohammed Gazal.
meilee
TeamSite 5.5.2.
It's really weird. The first Item, "Name" renders by default. And when hit on the '+' icon, alist with Name and Link items appear. But then when i click on any of the items in the list, it doesn't do anything and then the list just disappears.
Thanks anyway. Appreciate you testing it in your Teamsite.
Mei
skapelle
After Installing TeamSite SP5 and Templating SP5, the same issue occured on our servers.
Installing Patch ID 1474 for Windows solved the problem. Try it out, maybe it helps.
greetz,
skapelle