Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite 6.1 Login issue
Paul
Hello - Just finished installing TeamSite 6.1 on a Windows 2003 server and all was working well until I tried migrating (copying) a TS 5.5.2 Backing Store to the W2K3 server and now I get the login screen with the following message "A property was not set in the configuration file" and I can no longer log in.
I haven't encountered this before and need a wee bit of direction is solving it.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gregg Faus
It might be possible that during the upgrade installation, that the backing store was versioned to 6.1 and when you copied the 5.5 backing store over the top again, those properties were lost again. I do know that you cannot take 6.x backing store and mount it back to 5.5. So I would assume that whatever information is written to the 6.x backing store isn't present anymore and may be the cause of your problem.
I would think that there is a manual way to set this information?
Paul
I didn't move it from 6.1 back to 5.5.2. Plus, what I also did before I copied the Basking Stgore was to make a backup of the backing store that was installed with 6.1. What I did was stop the IWOV swevices, copied the iacking store from iw-store to iw-store6.1 and then copied over the old store. When I found that wasn't working, I repeated the process of saving the old store as iw-store5 and renamed the new one to iw-store and even rebooted the server.
Still have gthe same problem.
Migrateduser
You should never copy over an existing backingstore. If you need to restore a backing store, you should rename or remove the old backingstore and replace it with the restored backingstore. That's all assuming the same versions of backingstore. If you're talking about brining a 5.5 backingstore into 6.1, I'm not sure how that works as far as the conversion goes. There is some conversion that happens to the BS from 5.5.x to 6.x. Not sure if that's automatic or if there's some manual way to invoke the conversion. Might want to contact support with that question.
- Jason
Paul
I'm a dope. I forgot to restate TeamSite after I reverted back to The 6.1 Backing Store.
iwovGraduate
I have seen this error message when TeamSite service was not running on my W2K, 6.1 box. Are all IW services running ? Do you see any errors in the logs ?
Migrateduser
I just had this happen to me on a demo laptop a few days ago. I closed my browser, stopped and started all IWOV services, the message went away, and I was able to successfully login. I'll check back with the developers to try to find out what the cause of this error message is.
Thanks,
David Yun
Sr. Product Manager, TeamSIte
dyun@interwoven.com
gzevin
Dave,
did you manage to find out the origin of this error? I am getting it as well on W2K server
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Michael
Hi Greg,
Did you confirm that the service "Interwoven TeamSIte" is running on your server? I have seen this message most often when that service isn't running. Sometimes this can occur if your license key doesn't validate.
hth
Cheers
Michael
gzevin
Michael,
after the install I seemingly cannot make IIS to mount the Y:drive.... However TeamSite service is running....
Now I have deleted the default IIS site, in hope that tspostreboot will create another site...
it's all looks pretty dodgy.....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Michael
Hi Greg
Sounds like a fun install.
Can you see a Y: drive at all on your server? (Apologies in advance if this comes across as a stupid question).
I once had a similar sounding problem where the install didn't create the local group "TeamSite Web Preview" or the local user TSIMP_<SERVER>. You might want to check that out also?
tspostreboot was definitely the culprit/solution so that would be a good place to be looking.
hth
Cheers
Michael
gzevin
well, it looks like too much fun for me...
I got some funny users names created, but no Web Preview, etc...
During startup I saw iwfsd started normally,but iwserver dies .. eventually....
II did a clean install on a very clean virtual W2K server under VMWare... where I have full admin rights...
do I have to fiddle with those groups manually or what? thanks
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
gzevin
also, it looks like throwing the infamous 1067 error code, but my tsisvalid.log says that the license is good for node-loked licensing.....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Michael
Hi Greg
You shouldn't generally need to create the group manually -- have you had a look in iw-home/install/ntaduser.log and iw-home/install/tspostreboot.log?
Some more silly questions: is the W2K server patched to the correct version for TeamSite? Were you logged in as 'Administrator' when performing the install or just as a user with Administrator access... I haven't done an install under VMWare before -- any chance this could be causing problems or have you done this successfully with VMWare with 6.1 before?
Don't give up -- I'm sure you will get there!
Cheers
Michael
gzevin
no, I never done this under vmware, but most of IWOV sales people do this all the time...
yes, all the right users/permisions/patches were there (actually, the installer will not proceed unless it's patched) - it still looks like it's the license to blame, however tspostreboot does not complain at all, and during install the license has been validated Ok..
I obviously havent seen this before. it either works or it doesn't......
will try to generate a new license tomorrow....
thanks
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU