Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Get owner of a grouptask?
bagman
Using: Solaris 5.5.2 SP3
I have a WF where Marketing enters a request and it routes to a IT user who assigns the task to a developer
The "IT user" is a grouptask. Once "taken", they can "assign" or "reject" the request. I'm thinking the "assign" kicks off a cgitask which pulls up the list of developers that can process that request.
Who should own the cgitask? I'm thinking it's whoever took the grouptask, but I don't know who that is. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a CLT to get the owner of a task.
Or am I even taking the right approach to this?
Any help would be appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
This is pretty common.
Do a search for "change owner"
You basically want an external task to than runs after the group task but before the task at hand to change the owner to the user who took the group task (yes there is a CLT for this)
follow this
link
for more info.
John Cuiuli
Adam Stoller
Note: When using an externaltask between a grouptask and a cgitask - the cgitask will NOT run 'immediately' (regardless of whether or not you set the immediate='t' attribute) - so your IT users will need to be trained to look at their To Do List and then to use Start Task to initiate the cgitask script.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
bagman
Thanks alot! It took me some time to piece some things together, but this got me over the hump.
Mark
bagman
Thanks for the head's up. I had experienced that with another workflow and never found time to investigate it.