Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Anyone accessing TS (5.5.2) via internet?
jwl
Hi,
We have a significant number of customers accessing our TS5.5.2 (Solaris 8) server over the internet instead of an internal LAN. They go through a SUN ONE reverse proxy to access the TS server.
Via the reverse proxy, users are unable to import files into TeamSite.
We would like to hear from anyone who puts a reverse proxy (particularly SUN ONE proxy server) in front of TeamSite, and whether this has presented any problems.
Thanks,
John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I have been in a TS 5.5.2 environment which used the reverse proxy but on AIX, not SUN ONE. Knowing what I do about AIX, I'd figure AIX would have more problems right off the bat, but it seemed to work just fine for us.
Where are you having problems, exactly? Does Launchpad not load up properly? Are you getting permission errors on the upload?
Dave
jwl
Hi Dave,
Upon attempting to import files, users got a pop up message:
"Import error"
"Error importing file xxxx to TeamSite server.
Error receiving file transfer result from '
http://devcms.ntn.lgaq.asn.au/iw-bin/iwfileupdownload.cgi':
File devcms.ntn.lgaq.asn.au:80//iw-bin/fileupdownload.cgi not found."
Regards
John
Migrateduser
John,
A couple of things jump out:
1. The double-shash in the URL, but I'm sure that's not really the issue -- most likely, your web server is not as sensitive so as to reject the request just because it has an extra slash.
2. I'm wondering why the port number is explicitly being written to the browser. I'm also wondering why there isn't an "http://" prefix to the URL. I did a few tests on some commercial, non-TeamSite sites and whenever I use the syntax:
subdomain.name.com:80//someknowndirectory
IE returns nothing; just sits there. Do your log files reflect an attempted access to this file? If so, what does it read?
Dave
rramos
I have a similar (maybe the same) type of error. I get the following when trying to import files through the content center in a web browser (i.e.
http://myhostname/iw/
):
Error importing file test.html to TeamSite server:
Error connecting to server: 1
Please contact your system administrator
I also get the following errors in the error_log:
[Thu Oct 28 18:00:39 2004] [error] [client 10.142.50.213] File does not exist: /home/Interwoven/TeamSite/httpd/iw/launchpad100/com/interwoven/sharedutils100/exceptionstrings.class
[Thu Oct 28 18:00:39 2004] [error] [client 10.142.50.213] File does not exist: /home/Interwoven/TeamSite/httpd/iw/launchpad100/com/interwoven/sharedutils100/exceptionstrings_en.class
[Thu Oct 28 18:00:39 2004] [error] [client 10.142.50.213] File does not exist: /home/Interwoven/TeamSite/httpd/iw/launchpad100/com/interwoven/sharedutils100/exceptionstrings_en_US.class
[Thu Oct 28 18:00:40 2004] [error] [client 10.142.50.213] File does not exist: /home/Interwoven/TeamSite/httpd/iw/launchpad100/com/interwoven/sharedutils100/exceptionstrings_en_US.properties
There are jar files in the launchpad100 directory but none of those jar files contain the requested .class files.
Migrateduser
I don't know if I understand -- does that error occur when you're trying to UPLOAD files or when you're trying to VIEW or DOWNLOAD files?
The bit of log information says that the class files are not on the TS server. I'm confused as to why the log file is trying to access the files as you're uploading them. I think I'm missing something.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Win2K