Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MetaTagger 3.5 and Teamsite 6.1
System
Hi All,
I have upgraded Teamsite 5.5.2 to 6.1 and now in the process of upgrading MT 3.5 to 3.6.
I am getting the following error when I try to uninsall MT 3.5 (as per the upgrade instructions):
"TeamSite version must be 5.5.x, x > 1, to work with MetaTagger 3.5.0.
Installation is terminated"
Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Mukesh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Generall for something like this you should go to support and it would be helpful if you specified platform. However this should help:
Some problems have been reported with the required uninstall of MetaTagger 3.x before upgrading to 3.5 on Windows. After MetaTagger is uninstalled (via Add/Remove Programs), if MetaTagger still appears in the panel, you must run regedit and remove the Uninstall entry in the registry.
The basic registry entries are the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Interwoven\MetaTagger entries as well as the environment variable entries and the Services entries, but the Uninstall entry is elsewhere.
The uninstall key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{ ...} where '...' is long random-digits string.
Navigate to these entries by searching on 'MetaTagger' in regedit. After deleting the Uninstall entry and making sure the machine is clean, i.e, <mt-home> is completely removed, the install of MetaTagger 3.5 will be fine.
Migrateduser
Hi,
We are on Windows 2000 SP4 and I have already upgraded to Teamsite 6.1 from 5.5.2. After that upgrade I had planned on upgrading MT from 3.5 to 3.6. The uninstall step of the upgrade process is what is giving me the error that I should have 5.5.2 version of teamsite. So, I don't think I have already uninstalled it. Are the steps that you provide for uninstalling MT 3.5 manually?
Thanks in advance,
Mukesh