Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Mark File Readonly
System
Working on a system to replicate DCTs to all the branches where they are relevant. I would like one branch to be considered prime and the DCTs to be readonly in the other branches. Is there any way to do this without resorting to unix permissions/MS DOS ACLs and readonly attribute?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You might be able to do the ACL stuff using the submit.cfg so that datacapture.cfg in all branches (other than the true development branch) are set to be read-only -- the only caveat here is that you probably need to take that into account in the process that copies the DCT from the development branch to all the other branches ...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ts_user
Why not lock the files in other branches( either to your userid or to SYSTEM/root) after you copy the DCT's. This would prevent other user's from editing your files. This would work if you have just one workarea per branch but not sure how effective this would be if you have multiple workareas.
Migrateduser
We do have one workarea per branch (it's the only way to fly), so I can lock the DCT to root in the target branches. Thanks for the suggestion - that's a good reminder to the developers. Unless they go through vi which many do, which means I'm back where I started. I wish the VFS would enforce locking.
-John
Edited by JimmyFat on 05/03/04 04:42 PM (server time).
ts_user
The only potential problem is that this would serve only as a suggestion but would not be fool proof solution as developers logged in as Masters ( if you have any ) would be able to unlock and then edit files.
Thanks
~tu