Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite Forum - Pkg?
System
I like the way these Teamsite Forums work - is there a way of getting it as an off-the-shelf solution. or is it part of Teamsite or what? I'd hate to reinvent the wheel in developing something like this, also, I could need something in the immediate future.
Thanks in advance to those who respond
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Read the FAQ:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/faq_english.pl?Cat=#source
- Jason
Migrateduser
Well, I'd like something that I can place on our own server, not a hosted solution. (the page indicated in the faq did not work, and it took me to Infopop - is that the correct location?) Seems this forum is run by Perl. Is there a PERL solution / free download available?
Thanks
Migrateduser
My apologies - it seems ubbcentral.com offers a package that can be purchased for installation on our own servers - will have to check it out some more.
However, if anyone else knows of any other good recommendations - let me know.
Thanks again !
Adam Stoller
I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for.
Are you looking for a read-only copy of the DevNet Forums or are you looking to have a local read-write copy of the DevNet forums, or are you just looking to create a local forum site that might have absolutely nothing to do with DevNet - but you want to use the same code that Interwoven is using to supprt DevNet to support your site?
The first I might be able to understand, but still seems a little odd as to why you'd need it.
The second doesn't make any sense to me at all.
The third should probably be addressed to
devnet-team@interwoven.com
.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rapid
You can check out Jive but it's java-based.
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-jive.html?dwzone=java
http://www.jivesoftware.com/
Migrateduser
We have a server with Teamsite, Perl, and such, and I am looking for options to have our own forums internally for internal use. I seem to like this one (its layout, functionality - not the topics) and wanted to know if its part of TeamSite, a add-on, or 3rd party installation. Hope this clarifies what I am looking for.
Migrateduser
I really think this topic belonged in Bit Bucket rather than Content Management.
I've used a forum called YaBB (Yet Another Bulletin Board) which is completely Perl based and fairly easy to customize.
http://www.yabbforum.com
. The look is a little different than DevNet, but I'm sure that it could be made to look similar.
- Jason
Migrateduser
I would be happy to talk to you about how DevNet is structured, and what we like/don't like about the forum software.
send me some mail.
lissa@interwoven.com
lissa