Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
attaching files from a different workarea
cheeku
Can we attach a file to a task from a workarea other than the one where workflow was initiated?
I want to achieve the follwoing functionality:
User initiates a workflow, the first task in the workflow updates a set of files , which are lying in different workareas. I want to attach these updated files to the workflow so that these can be approved.Can I do it?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
Each task in a workflow has exactly one workarea associated with it, and all files attached to that task must be relative to that workarea. There's no requirement that all tasks must reference the same workarea, but you can't combine files from multiple workareas in one task.
Sorry.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Adam Stoller
Any given task is associated with a single areavpath - as such, it can only have files attached to it that are rooted in that areavpath.
If you want to process files from multilple areavpaths within the same workflow - you need to have concurrent tasks each associated with different areavpaths and each with its own unique list of associated files.
It can be done, but I wouldn't say it's 'trivial'
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com