Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CGI_Task not activating
System
I have a simple CGI_task that displays a simple aknowledgement message to the user. It works fine as the first task in a workflow, but when I set it anywhere else it refuses to activate. Can anyone tell me the obvious thing I'm missing ?
(N.B I have Callbacks in my ipls that I kjnow work)
My test workflow looks like this -
<workflow name = "NicksTestHarnessDO_NOT_USE" owner = "sth037as/Administrator" creator = "__TAG__('iw_user');">
<endtask name = "EndTask">
<activation>
<or>
<pred v = "CGISuccessMessage"/>
</or>
</activation>
</endtask>
<cgitask name="CGISuccessMessage" owner = "SYSTEM" start="f" immediate="t">
<areavpath v = "\default\main\enECP\WORKAREA\Home"/>
<successors>
<successorset description = "EndTask">
<succ v = "EndTask"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v = "success_message_cgi.ipl"/>
<activation>
<or>
<pred v = "DummyTask"/>
</or>
</activation>
</cgitask>
<externaltask lock = "f" name = "DummyTask" owner = "sth037as/Administrator" retry = "f" start = "t">
<areavpath v = "\default\main\enECP\WORKAREA\Home"/>
<successors>
<successorset description = "Go to CGISuccessMessage">
<succ v = "CGISuccessMessage"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v = "iwperl d:\iw-home\local\bin\dummy.ipl"/>
__INSERT__($iw_selected_files);
</externaltask>
</workflow>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jeremy
Hi,
I think the only places where a CGI task will start automatically are 1) if it is the first task in the WK and imediate=t
2) if the CGI task is the first task after a user task owned by the same person.
Have a look at this
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=DOWNLOADS_WORKFLOWS&Number=25294&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1
post.
HTH
Jeremy
Migrateduser
Big thanks Jeremy. I knew someone must have encountered this problem before I just couldn't seem to find it in the forums.
Cheers
/nick
Adam Stoller
You might also find
the attachment on this article
useful too. Although most of the information has, I believe, been subsumed into recent editions of the product manuals.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
thanks Fish, looks like the Workflow manual I always wanted but never had.