Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Timeout after Restarting Server?
Jeremy
TS5.0.2 Win2K
Hi,
I am curious to know, as I cannot seem to find the anwser to this, what happens if you have a dummy task with a timeout in a workflow and in the middle of the timeout the Server is restarted. Does the timeout start again or does it somehow remember where it was at? If it does not start itself again is there a way to kick it off to start timing again?
I am sure people must have hit this before so I am interested in any views you may have.
Thanks,
Jeremy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
A dummy task will survive a server restart. However, I'm not sure what happens if the dummy task was supposed to timeout while the server was down. I believe it will kick off as soon as the server comes back up.
- Jason
Jeremy
Hi Jason,
Thanks for the response.
Just to make sure I understand, you are saying that the dummy task will start over on a server reboot?
There is no way to get the timeout to continue from where it was stopped at?
Thanks,
Jeremy
JonathonG
Timeouts are converted to absolute times upon task activation. If you were to do a iwgetwfobj on a dummy task after it has activated, you would see the timeout value set to a really large number. That number is an epoch time, i.e. number of seconds since the epoch (see your OS docs for details). So, the timeout will occur at a specific point in time. Thus, a reboot has no effect on the timeout. Does that make sense? (to Jason's point about a timeout occurring while the server is down, I would also expect the task to transistion as soon as the server restarted)
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Jeremy
Jonathon, Thanks! That makes a lot of sense.
So in the job spec all that is there is the time in which it needs to transition, not some kind of mechanism to count down.
Thank helps a lot.
Thanks.