Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
error in previewing
pedamale
Hi,
I am facing a very curious error. I am able to preview generate the document using one userid, But when I try the same using different userid, I get following error.
Template Preview And Generate Error:
Could not process template: Y:\default\main\knowledgeatlas\WORKAREA\devwa\templatedata\CM_Templates\NavigationPage\presentation\NavigationPage.tpl
:\default\main\knowledgeatlas\WORKAREA\devwa\templatedata\CM_Templates\NavigationPage\presentation\NavigationPage.tpl
The preview directory has proper access permissions to both the users.
Can someone help me out with the case ??
Rajesh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Do both users have the same access to the DCT, DCR, and the PT - as well as the directory into which the files are being generated for preview (by default I believe '/' or '/preview') ?
Clearly this is Windows - is it NT or W2K? (what Windows SP-level?)
What version of TeamSite / TeamSite Templating (including SP-level) ?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
pedamale
Both users have same access to the DCT, DCR, TPL and the preview directories
The server is W2K SP3.
Teamsite version 5.5.2 17976 20030323
Thanks and regards,
Rajesh
Adam Stoller
Can you login to the server as the user who gets this error - and run the iwpt_compile command from the DOS shell?
You might be able to get more detailed information that way.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
tecthis
do you have any perl coded in your templates?
Alexander Correa
http://www.baxter.com
seeDerekNow
I have a similiar problem. I can preview using one user, but can't with another. I'm TS 5.52 SP3 on AIX. And yes, we do have perl code in our TPLs.
pedamale
The second user cannot access the server directly. So, wont be able to run the iwpt_compile command as the second user.
The TPL has perl code in it.
Thanks and regards,
Rajesh
seeDerekNow
I just tried logging into the server w/ the user account that is having preview problems and ran iwpt_compile.ipl. Looks like it shot me the same error:
<ERROR>
Could not process template: /iwmnt/default/main/www-wlpbh-com/WORKAREA/sicodk/templatedata/article/generic/presentation/article_ptl.tpl
</ERROR>
Adam Stoller
As a guess - the user may not have access all the way up to the directory that contains the PT.
However - you're now talking about a Unix server (/iwmnt/default) where before we were talking about a Windows server - but the same concept should hold true:
Since you've managed to login as the user, try to cd to each directory path and perform an 'ls' in each directory - e.g.:
cd /iwmnt;ls
cd /iwmnt/default;ls
cd /iwmnt/default/main;ls
...
cd /iwmnt/default/main/www-wlpbh-com/WORKAREA/sicodk/templatedata/article/generic/presentation;ls
ls -l /iwmnt/default/main/www-wlpbh-com/WORKAREA/sicodk/templatedata/article/generic/presentation/article_ptl.tpl
(you also might have to make sure that the user 'iwui' can do the same thing...)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
iwovGraduate
Does that user have read access to the ...../article_ptl.tpl, ...../data directory and write access to the directory where you are generating the file, etc ?
seeDerekNow
I was able to CD all the way down to the presentation template. All have permissions of 775. Here is what the root of my workarea shows:
$ ls -l
total 7
drwxrwxr-x 3 jlw2589 ts_wlpbh 512 Dec 06 23:22 _assets
drwxrwxr-x 2 siqa001 ts_wlpbh 512 Jan 27 17:44 _css
drwxrwxr-x 2 siqa001 ts_wlpbh 512 Jan 27 17:44 _images
-rw-r--r-- 1 sicodk ts_intr 5 May 03 14:34 derek.txt
drwxrwxr-x 6 siqa001 ts_wlpbh 512 Jan 27 17:44 pages
-rw-r--r-- 1 sicodk ts_intr 0 May 03 14:20 preview.jsp
drwxrwxr-x 6 siqa001 ts_wlpbh 512 Jan 27 17:44 templatedata
drwxrwxr-x 5 siqa001 ts_wlpbh 512 Jan 27 17:44 wps
User 'sicodk' has write permissions at the root of the WA. The file, 'derek.txt' was created by the sicodk account.
iwovGraduate
What are the permissions on the article_ptl.tpl file ?
Looking from what you have posted it seems that
- User sicodk is getting error while previewing.
- User siaq001 is able to preview without errors.
- GID for user saiq001 is ts_wlpbh. GID for sicodk is ts_intr
- User sicodk is able to run "ls" command on presentation directory. That implies that sicodk has execute permission on the directory. What about the tpl file ?
What is the group for sharing for the workarea ?
Is the user sicodk member of ts_wlpbh group ? (I am guessing not)
Can you post the exact iwpt_compile.ipl command you are using to preview and getting the error ? Also what is the preview directory ? (root of workarea I assume?)
seeDerekNow
Here is the iwpt_compile command I'm using:
iwpt_compile.ipl -pt /iwmnt/default/main/www-wlpbh-com/WORKAREA/sicodk/templatedata/article/generic/presentation/article_ptl.tpl
here are the permission for the presentation template:
-rwxrwxr-x 1 sicodk ts_wlpbh 17708 Apr 30 15:35 article_ptl.tpl
user 'sicodk' is part of the 'ts_wlpbh' group as well as the 'ts_intr' group. 'ts_intr' is sicodl's primary group.
group for sharing for this workarea is 'ts_wlpbh'
Hope this helps. I just love the quirky nuances of this product.
Adam Stoller
That cannot be the *entire* iwpt_compile command line - you are not providing the name of the DCR to process nor the name of the output file to generate (though it might default to STDOUT ?)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
seeDerekNow
My bad. Here is the full iwpt_compile command:
iwpt_compile.ipl -pt /iwmnt/default/main/www-wlpbh-com/WORKAREA/sicodk/templatedata/article/generic/presentation/article_ptl.tpl -iw_pt-dcr /iwmnt/default/main/www-wlpbh-com/WORKAREA/sicodk/templatedata/article/generic/data/member/lwOrgans
<ERROR>
Could not process template: /iwmnt/default/main/www-wlpbh-com/WORKAREA/sicodk/templatedata/article/generic/presentation/article_ptl.tpl
</ERROR>
Try debugging like this: iwpt_compile ... -ocode ****.ipl; ****.ipl
Adam Stoller
Have you tried using the -ofile and/or the -ocode flags to see if you get different results or more detailed error messages?
I assume that if you copy/paste the path in that error message to do an ls on it - that you can see it - yes? (i.e. not a typo in your path)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
seeDerekNow
Ok - i was finally able to get iwpt_compile to work w/ the -ocode option. Turns out that the user did not have read access to a one of our perl modules.
I've noticed that a lot of folks have encountered similiar problems such as mine. I think a good place to look is to see if you are using any perl modules in your presentation templates. If so, you should make sure that users have read access to those modules.
Thanks to everyone who help point me in the right direction. It is certainly appreciated.
Derek
pedamale
After further testing the NavigationPage.tpl, I found that the previewing is failing for some users, because of the perl code in the tpl.
use DBI;
$ENV{'ORACLE_HOME'} = 'D:\oracle\ora92';
$ENV{'PATH'} = 'D:\oracle\ora92\bin';
$ENV{'SYSTEMROOT'} = 'C:\WINNT';
my $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI
DBC:knowledgeatlas_webqa",'kmg_user','kmg_user',
{
# Default Database Connection Attributes
PrintError => 0, # Messes up the GUI
RaiseError => 1, # Handled elsewhere
AutoCommit => 1, # Usually good
LongTruncOk => 1, # Fetch what you can
LongReadLen => 3200, # Usually enough
ChopBlanks => 1, # Good default for varchar
# User-supplied Attributes and Overrides
}
) ;
This is the section that fails the template previewing.
What I infer is, the first user is the admin to the machine and hence the DB access happens without any trouble. The second person is not the admin to the server. Is there anything I need to add in here so that all teamsite users can do the DB connection from the template without needing to be the admin to the server ?
Thanks and regards,
Rajesh
Edited by pedamale on 05/07/04 06:45 AM (server time).
iwovGraduate
Check the env variables for the two users. The non-admin user might be missing some env variable that are required to make a DB connection.