Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Where does TS find Java ?
nipper
Installing on a new server, we have multiple installs of Java, 1.2.2 in /usr/bin, 1.3.X and 1.4.X in
other localtions. How do I tell TS to use i.3.X ?
Solaris 2.8, TS 552.
Also, will 552 work with 1.4.X ?
TIA
ANdy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I think it uses the one in IWHOME/tools - I don't know that you want to change it, but I think you can just replace that directory with another JVM (or maybe a symlink) as long as you don't change the dir name. Different Interwoven products may use different JVMs though.
nipper
>I think it uses the one in IWHOME/tools - I don't know that you want to change it, but I think you can just replace that directory with another JVM (or maybe >a symlink) as long as you don't change the dir name. Different Interwoven products may use different JVMs though.
That was what I thought, but then the manuals state very emphatically to update Java to 1.3.1
Andy
Valentine
I never understood that. All of the manuals require jdk installed, but TS is using their own version anyways.
abackenr
if the manuals say that they misspeak. teamsite requires the jdk _patches_ to be installed on solaris, but we do provide our own jdk.
staff engineer @ interwoven
nipper
>if the manuals say that they misspeak. teamsite requires the jdk _patches_ to be installed on solaris, but we do provide our own jdk.
I do not get the distinction. Can you clarify.
If I have /usr/bin/java at 1.2.2
& install TS
Where should I put the specified jdk patch ? iw-home ? (that would make sense) /usr/bin ?
TIA
Andy