Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
$xml_obj->GetDPName();
rodigz
Hi,
In O.D. 5.6 how can I get the branch or directory name?
$xml_obj->GetDPName();
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
You might want to give a little more information.
I'm assuming you are trying to retrieve deployment information using the supplied IWXML.pm module. ($xml_obj)
First off im pretty sure you need to have the logging type as the new xml manifest format. (ODHOME/etc/odbase.cfg)
<dnrProperties infoStreamFormat="manifest" />
Now the other part, I ran into this myself recently and if you look at the perldoc for IWXML, it doesnt provide source or target location (im assuming you are looking for the source location, though you didnt mention)
I've attached a modified version of the module that I've been using, it carries two extra routines
GetTargetDir
GetSourceDir
I dont think they are bullet proof, but they work for us.
Remember to change the package name to whatever is suitable for you. Since we modified it, we moved it so that it doesnt get overwritten.
The package name is currently IAG::IWXML
You might also want to give a bit of background as to what you are trying to achieve, because you may not even need to go down this path.
John Cuiuli
rodigz
Hi John,
How will I define it my ipl?
is this correct?
my(
@directory_name)
= $xml->GetSourceDir();
print OUT "\nDirectory\n", "=" x 70, "\n";
foreach(directory_name){
print OUT "$_\n";
}
Johnny
It looks like you are missing some fundamentals here.
GetSourceDir returns a string... its basically the exact value in the manifest log
$sourceDir
= $xml->GetSourceDir();
If this doesn't make alot of sense to you then you probably should become more familar with PERL. This forum really cant replace training/learning a language.
Again, explaining what you are trying to achieve might be of more value to you.
John Cuiuli
rodigz
ok.. thank u!