Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
menu & roles in TS 6.1
System
Hello,
I would like to enable/disable some custom menu items depending on the roles in TS 6.1
First I did edit iw-home/httpd/webapps/content_center/WEB-INF/conf/customer/ui_custom.xml to add the menu items.
Then I did edit iw-home/httpd/webapps/content_center/WEB-INF/conf/customer/roles_custom.xml
And finally I did a iwreset -ui
I can see the menu items, they are working fine but the security doesn't work at all : menu items are enabled for everybody and everbody can run the scripts from the menus !
I did check if the "operationId" of the ui_custom.xml matches the "operation id" of the roles_custom.xml...
Anyone can help ?
Also if possible I would like to "hide" instead of disable the menu items that cannot be used for a certain role (like in TS 5.5) is that possible ?
Thank you!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
hmmm i think you should become more familar with the UI customization guide - (make sure you are reading the latest 6.1 version)
when you make UI changes you need to rebuild the toolkit.
IWHOME/bin/make_toolkit is the command that needs to be run to take in all the changes.
John Cuiuli
fjvelasco
You need to compile the ContentCenter. Read the Customization User Interface PDF.
Good luck.
FJ.
Migrateduser
Ok...
I did modify the files :
iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src/etc/conf/customer/ui_customer.xml
iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src/etc/conf/customer/roles_customer.xml
the I went in iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src and I executed this command :
iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /iwenv/iw-home/bin/make_toolkit.ipl
And it doesn't solve anything... the new menu items are still there, but anybody can still use the new items regardless of what I did put in roles_customer.xml
mannyroble
Hi,
I had my own issues with getting the menus to work - but could you post the contents of your changes from ui_custom.xml and roles_custom.xml
A lot of times there usually is a typo somewhere and for some strange reason the config files arent' really validated correctly or even validated at all it seems so things don't work initially. From what you said things should work. I usually do an iwreset after regernating the UI just for good measure, but that could be just my superstition.
Manny
Migrateduser
******************** ui_custom.xml ********************
<action-list id="iw.ccpro.filesys.menubar">
<!--
Purpose: The File menu.
-->
<menu id="iw.ccpro.file.menu">
<iwov-insert-after id="iw.ccpro.file_menu.create_workarea.link">
<link id="themenewbranchmaster_item.link" label="New Thematic (1st level)" description="Create a 1st Level Thematic branch (master only)" url="/iw-bin/themenewbranchmaster.ipl" target="_blank" operationId="themenewbranchmaster.op" windowFeatures="scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,center=true,width=480,height=300" />
<link id="thematics_branchrequest_item.link" label="New Topic/Thematic" description="Create a new Topic/Thematic branch" url="/iw-bin/thematics_branchrequest.ipl" target="_blank" operationId="thematics_branchrequest.op" windowFeatures="scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,center=true,width=480,height=250" />
</iwov-insert-after>
</menu>
******************** ui_custom.xml ********************
******************** roles_custom.xml ********************
<roles>
<role id="author">
<operation id="themenewbranchmaster.op" isPermitted="false"/>
<operation id="thematics_branchrequest.op" isPermitted="false"/>
</role>
<role id="editor">
<operation id="themenewbranchmaster.op" isPermitted="false"/>
<operation id="thematics_branchrequest.op" isPermitted="false"/>
</role>
<role id="admin">
<operation id="themenewbranchmaster.op" isPermitted="false"/>
<operation id="thematics_branchrequest.op" isPermitted="true"/>
</role>
<role id="master">
<operation id="themenewbranchmaster.op" isPermitted="true"/>
<operation id="thematics_branchrequest.op" isPermitted="false"/>
</role>
</roles>
******************** roles_custom.xml ********************