Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Disabling browser item
apsmiles
I want to disable browser item which i am using for file select, as a result of change of state of some items viz radiobutton, textbox etc. I can not do it using setReadOnly. It throws an error " Object does doesnot support this method or property". I have also gone through the query posted by Rukmini and all, but that doesnot work in our case.
Please give me some suggestions.
Anil
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
At the very least, you could have the browser item in its own container and then hide the container if certain conditions are met.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Win2K
apsmiles
But we have disable it only, pushing back the clients on set it invisible is hardly possible.
FYI: we are using
TS 6.1 SP1on Win 2K
by the way, Will TeamSite support setReadOnly property for browser item in TS 6.5
Thanks,
Anil
Migrateduser
Yes, setReadOnly is still supported as of v6.5.
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Win2K
apsmiles
Correct me if I am wrong: Team Site doesnot support setReadOnly for <bold> BROWSER </bold> attribute.
So, is TS thinking of supporting it in next version i.e. TS 6.5.
My query still reamins, how to set the browser item readonly. We can set textbox, radiobuttons, checkboxes etc readonly using setReadOnly but not the browser.
Thanks
Anil
Migrateduser
I apologize -- I misread your question. The setReadOnly method is supported in 6.5, but -- as expected -- the documentation is
SORELY LACKING
with regard to detail about which Items do and do not support that method. I'm still pondering over your original question, though... anyone else have ideas?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Win2K
Adam Stoller
The only workaround I can think of would be to replace the <browser> element with a cgi-callout and have the CGI script take care of having itself disabled.
Or - you might be able to use FormAPI with an event handler of some kind to trap an attempt to press the browser button associated with a specific field. Actually, if you use the cgi-callout idea, I'm pretty sure you can trap a click on a cgi-callout button with the onCallout event - I'm just not sure if you can do the same thing with the built-in browser callout.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
apsmiles
Thanks <i>fish</i>,
Even we were thikning for the same "ultimate" solution, but I posted the message just in case I was missing something from FormAPI. I am not so comfortable in Perl, thats why I was looking for some <b>keyword</b> or <b>method</b> from TS itself. But now I think cgi is the only way to do it. Thanks everybody for participating in the discussion. In case anybody finds something I am looking for they can send it to me directly. I shall be grateful.
Regards,
Anil Pahal
<b><mailto:
apahal@sapient.com
/></b>
Sapient Corporation
Adam Stoller
You should probably contact support and register a request for this functionality to be added - it won't help you in the here-and-now, but it may help down the line (for you, or some other customers).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
You
can
feign the browser item in a callout. Therefore, disabling it is quite easy. It's an enormous hack, but I did it a number of months ago (in TS6.1). If you look at the DCT's usage of /iw-cc/command/iw.teamsite.browse_for_file_or_dir_save, its Query String components, and the Javascript variables that are contained within the GUI, you can cause it to behave exactly like the packaged TS browse GUI (mostly because, well, it
is
). This is not a trivial task, but if your next option is to fake the file browser item, this is a way to do it.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Win2K