Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite 5.5.2 file locking issues
System
We have user (user id: 137027) that is having problems editing a file that they have locked. They created a DCR, generated the file, through workflow the file was sent back to her for editing. When the user attempts to save edits to the file they get the error, "Could the file be locked by someone else in the same workarea?"
According to the file properties for the DCR the following appears that the user holds the lock on the file
File Security:
Writable: yes
Owner: 137027
Permissions: Everyone: Change (RWXD)
Lock:
Lock Holder: 137027
What else can I look at? Where else can I see other locks on the file?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
What about running iwlockinfo on the file? I'm not sure if the command alone would tell you much more than you already know, but perhaps it might lend itself to a couple of clues.
Please paste the output of iwlockinfo.
Thanks,
Dave
Migrateduser
We rebooted the server and the user was able to edit just fine. So I'm not able to recreate the error. Do you think this had something to do with an entities database issue? I looked in iwtrace and the user looks identical as to the previous logins.
Migrateduser
Could be -- I know I experienced quite a bit of weirdness with 5.5.2 and I think I've even had this exact problem before.
I'm glad to know it's working for you now!
Dave