Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Javascript/FormAPI support for TS 6.1 MDC
System
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if Javascript or formAPI is supported for TS 6.1 metadata capture?
datacapture6.0.dtd seems to have a javascript tag, but I could not get it working. The javascript code (without FormAPI, simple alert statement) doesn't get executed.
Any ideas??
TIA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Hi ashish
From what I have read it appears that FormAPI is only part of Templating/Forms and not part of metadata capture.
Has anyone else heard otherwise?
Cheers
Michael
Sri
You are correct. FormAPI is currently supported only for Formspublisher, but not for Metadatacapture.
Sri
Migrateduser
Is it possible to have 2 containers on the metadata capture screen and provide a radio button so that only either of the containers can be used to set metadata?
Thanks
-Ashish
Adam Stoller
How about a container with 'or' that contains two choices - each of which is another container (presumably with 'and')? That way you don't need the radio-button - the UI should prompt when you go to add an entry (I think you also want to set: min="0" default="0" for the outermost contatainer)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Until now i was under the impression that datacapture.cfg for metadata uses datacapture6.0.dtd.
But when I read the TS 6.1 admin guide carefully, I came to know that metadata uses metadatacapture.dtd.
The admin guide says the metadata capture and DCT are quite similar, but it seems to me that there are a lot of differences.
The definition for 'container' is different in both. For metadata, there is no 'min','max', 'default' etc
So is there any way to achieve what I need i.e. allow user to select only 1 of the 2 items (or containers)?
Also the replicant doesn't seem to be working.
Here is the config that I tried.
<replicant min="1" max="3" default="1">
<item name="Keywords1">
<description>Enter comma separated keyworkds</description>
<database searchable="f" deploy-column="f" />
<text maxlength="50" />
</item>
</replicant>
This did not display anything on the screen.
I thought metadatacapture in TS 6.1 will be at least as good as DCTs, allowing javascript etc, but it seems to have improved only a little.
TIA
-Ashish