Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Document for Customization of Workflows
nirvana73
Hello,
Can anyone point me to some documentation which gives information about how I can go about customizing the workflows using Perl/Java?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jeremy
What do you mean by "customizing the workflows using Perl/Java" ? Are you refering to external tasks that can be written in Perl/Java?
Here is a link to a very useful document
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/048805
If you provide more information about what you are after I am sure someone can provide more help.
Jeremy
nirvana73
Jeremy,
Thanks for your reply. Essentially, I am looking at ways to customize the workflow that will be involved depending on different authors (different trust levels), different media types etc. Lets assume a bunch of tasks that need to be performed, I would like some of these tasks to be skipped depending on author profile/media type etc. The author might do a bulk upload of different content which would need to be handled jointly. I was trying to get a technical understanding of how to go about building custom code for these scenarios.
Thanks.
Jeremy
Hi,
I think it might be best if you did some training for workflows. Have a look at
http://www.interwoven.com/services/training/
. There is also online training available which may be useful to you.
Also check the support site for the actual Workflow Docs - they may help out a little too.
I don't think it will be too easy for you to pick up a manual/doc and be able to figure out Workflows in a short amount of time.
All the best though.
Adam Stoller
As already suggested, documentation and training will probably be required - however the 3rd ingredient here (once you understand the basics of TeamSite workflow) is a thorough, detailed, design document that you / your company writes and approves *before* you try to do too much coding.
You'll want to figure out how many different workflow processes you need to develop; which ones can be considered as variants within a single workflow template and which need to be thought of as distinct workflow templates; whether any of them function as nested workflows; what kinds of externaltask and cgitask scripts you need to develop; etc.
If this is your first foray into TeamSite workflow development - I suggest you start with something relatively simple (single-purpose / non-variant) and get that working first.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com