Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Touching files after deployment
njs20
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me out with a problem I am haveing. I need to modify the time stamp of deployed web files to that of the time they are deployed. Ie, I need to touch the files listed in the manifest after OpenDeploy has finished running them. I was told this can be done thru DNR, but I'm not familare with how to do that. And was hopeing someone either had an example, or knew of a document some where which would describe how this can be done.
I'm using OpenDeploy 5.6 on Solaris 8.
Thank You.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
This would have to be a target-side DNR script - so the first question I have is do you have Perl on your target servers? If not, what platform(s) are the target servers and what programming languages are available on them beside OS-default scripting languages (e.g. batch scripts on windows, shell scripts on Unix)?
I believe one of the OD manuals does a fairly reasonable job of explaining how you can parse either the in-memory logs or manifest files via DNR scripts - but failing that there are some examples that might help get you started if you look through IWODHOME/solutions/perl/
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I realize this doesn't help unless you're able to upgrade, but OD 6.0.1 added the applySourceFileTime transfer rule, which would let you do what you want without having to write a DNR.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com