Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Intelligent Delivery Module
tecthis
Anyone know more about the Intelligent Delivery Module for OD? Was wondering how it would expire content?
Thanks,
Alex...
Alexander Correa
http://www.baxter.com
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
I haven't actually implemented it yet, but ...
The basic idea, as I understand it, is that you provide a query that OD will use to generate a file list from a database. If this is an "expire" type deployment, then every file in the file list will be deleted from the destination server. In the case of a "deploy" type deployment, each file in the file list would be compared, source server to destination server, and only the modified files would actually be deployed.
Hopefully, someone with some "real world" experience can validate this. (or, not, if I'm wrong).
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Johnny
Just to add to it...
I think it simply works with EA's.
So if you have an EA field that holds an expiry date, you can use that to determine whether to remove/deploy etc on top of the usual file system checks.
John Cuiuli
Migrateduser
Dwayne's description is accurate. If you are using the ID module with TeamSite, then the EAs need to be indexed into a relational database. (You could use DD for that.)
We have a DevNet webcast scheduled for Sep 15 on this topic.
Cheers,
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com