Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
process owner of the external task
navjot
Greetings,
_ENV_
Teamsite 6.1.0
Solaris
I have run my Teamsite Server using root.
_Question_
I have an external task that calls a program "java Log <taskName>". The owner of this external task is navis.
<externalTask owner="navis"......>
....
I wish to know when this external task is called. Which user will own the process "java Log <taskName>"?
Will it be root or navis? Thta's when i do ps-Af which user will show up there for this process?
Similarly, which user will be used to run the command given CGI task?
regards
Navjot Singh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I believe the external task process should be owned or seteuid'd as if it were owned by the owner of the task.
I'm not sure if it's changed - but it used to be that to make sure that cgitasks were owned or seteuid'd as if they were owned by the owner of the task you would have to run the cgitask script through the iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi; e.g.: instead of <command v="/iw-bin/mycgi.cgi" /> it would be <command v="/iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/mycgi.cgi" />
The easiest way to figure out the effective owner of the process is to have your scripts create a file in /tmp or /var/tmp - have them dump information into that file (like $<, $>, $(, $), all key/value pairs of %ENV, etc.) and then to look not only at the contents, but also at the ownership of the file itself. I figure it's generally best to get impirical evidence in a case like this - mostly because it's trivial to do, and also because it means you've validated whatever you might find in the documentation.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com