Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Disabling Buttons
Shehansha
I want to disable some of the Standard TeamSite menu/buttons like "Delete".
Is there a way to do this? Any one had done this before?
BIG Thanks to the one who has an Idea.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
What version of TeamSite?
Are we talking about buttons or menu items or both?
- Jason
Shehansha
TeamSIte 5.5.2
Yes I am talking about both.
nipper
You can remove menu items by changing iw.cfg.
check the admin manual.
Migrateduser
I've gotta give my first RTFM... It's on Page 128 of the TS552 Admin Guide.
- Jason
Migrateduser
or iw.cfg.example.
Shehansha
What about Buttons? Can we disable them? like the one in a DCT- "Generate" button ?
iwovGraduate
I don't think you can disable the buttons (submit, getlatest, compare, etc) in 552.
You can use FormAPI to disable the buttons in a DCT (search the forums. There has been numerous posts on this)
You can restrict certain menu items by role. e.g.: allow only master to use Submit Direct; disable Delete option for authors, etc. See TeamSite Admin Guide for details.
nipper
>I've gotta give my first RTFM... It's on Page 128 of the TS552 Admin Guide.
Sorry, too late. only one RTFM per. Mine wins.
& there is no way to remove the buttons in 5.5.2 nor can you remove some of the menu
items (esp in webdesk, like view modified)
Andy
Migrateduser
Uhhhh... I was in the middle of writing mine when you wrote yours... It was a tie. :-)
You can remove anything you want from the UI with enough determination. It'll most likely not be supported though. If you really want to have good control over the UI, you should upgrade to 6.1.
- Jason
iwovGraduate
"You can remove anything you want from the UI with enough determination"
sounds like the Zen philosophy ?
Sri
Not in 5.5.2. But in 6.x, yes you can disable buttons [generate,preview etc..] on per DCT basis.
Sri
nipper
>Not in 5.5.2. But in 6.x, yes you can disable buttons [generate,preview etc..] on per DCT basis.
You can do those in 552 as well, it is just not supported.
THere is come code floating around to do that ON TEMPLATES ONLY
Andy