Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 6.1 - Browser/Callout Rendering
Gregg Faus
Why does my browser-callout combo render with the browser button on one line and the callout button on the next? This didn't happen in TS 5.5. I've tried varying my browser size attribute as well as the labels on the callout.
So the following DCT code:
<item name="file">
<label>File</label>
<description>Click Browse to choose a PDF document within TeamSite, or click Upload to select one from your PC.</description>
<browser required="t" maxlength="255" size="35" extns=".pdf" initial-dir="/templatedata/upload/files/Fact_Sheets" ceiling-dir="/templatedata/upload/files/Fact_Sheets">
<callout url="/iw/custom/templating/single_file_upload/index.jsp?upload_directory=/templatedata/upload/files/Fact_Sheets/&valid_extensions=pdf" label="New File" window-features="width=400,height=144,resizable=no,status=yes,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes"/>
</browser>
</item>
Will render the "Browse" button next to the text field and the "New File" button (the callout) will render on the next line. See attachment for exact rendering.
Is there a css class that I can override to prevent wrapping? I tried looking at the HTML source but it seems that the entire form is written out via javascript so it is hard to figure the exact HTML that is used.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gregg Faus
If anyone cares, this is a bug and being tracked as #53376. I was able to supply Interwoven with a fix because the affected code resided in a javascript file that renders the form. If this affects you, I could tell you what to change (unsupported), otherwise wait until a patch or SP.
Again, only if anyone if affected by this. I know I am as I do quite a bit of browse/callout combo's within many of my templates and all of them look horrible.
Also, if you don't like that in text/callout combo, the callout button itself renders much higher (vertically) then the text box I can tell you what to change. This again is unsupported but is very easy to modify.
gf
iwovGraduate
Having the same issue here. Can you post your unsupported fix ?
Gregg Faus
You'll need to do the following unsupported steps:
1) Open the file dc_renderer.js in the directory
iw-home\httpd\webapps\content_center\formspub\
Note:
This file will be overwritten if you install the web apps again. I would replace this file in the formspub war file located in private directory.
2) Around line 1060 in renderBrowse prototype change this line
browserHTML += "<div><input type='text' id='" + fieldID + "' class='" + widgetClass + "'"
to the following:
browserHTML += "<input type='text' id='" + fieldID + "' class='" + widgetClass + "'";
This removes the extra div tag. You now need to comment out the closing div tag around line 1085 like so:
//browserHTML += "\n</div>";
The line numbers may be a bit off since I corrected another problem with the button rendering high in the table cell. To fix that change line 399 to:
buttonHTML += " style='vertical-align: text-bottom;visibility:" + visibility + ";'";
Again, these are unsupported fixes. Since they are so easy to fix, I'd hope they'll be in the next SP.
Sri
In case anyone is interested, this has been fixed in 6.1SP1 . Bug# 52912
iwovGraduate
Is TS 6.1 SP1 released yet ? I don't see it on the support site. If not, has a release date been set yet ?
smenon
TS 6.1 SP1 is slated for release at the end of this month
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.