Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Multi-tiered, transactional reverse deployments
System
I have one Open Deploy 5.6 Base server. I have 2 web farms: Test and Production. Prior to deploying to Production, I need to back up Production to an area on the Base server using a reverse deployment. Because Test is not a base, I also need to do a reverse deployment of Test to a staging area on the Base server to prepare for Production deployment. Both of these reverse deployments may happen at the same time, but both must be complete before I deploy from the staging area on the Base server to Production.
So, in a nutshell, I have to do 2 reverse deployments transactionally, then invoke transactionally a forward deployment to one of the farms that was one of the reverseSources. The idea is that if any of the 3 steps fail, all roll back.
Here are my issues:
- How does one specify a multi-tiered deployment on a reverse deployment? Because the reverseTarget is localnode, there's no noderef element to contain the invokeOnSuccess attribute.
- If the above answer is to put the attribute on the noderef for the replication farm used as the reverseSource, can I get it to only invoke when Production is the reverseSource and not when it's the target?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Multi-tier reverse isn't supported.
Although a little messy, you could try using DNRs to string the various deployments together. For example, the reverse deploy from Production to Source kicks off a DNR that invokes a reverse deploy from Test to Source. The Test to Source deployment kicks off a DNR for the forward deployment. If either the second or third deployment fails, it would return a failure code triggering rollback of the preceding deployments.
Alternatively, if you can swap out the receivers for base servers, then perhaps another approach is to use a forward multi-tier deployment. For example, initiate the deployment from Production to Test, which in turn kicks off a deployment from Test to Source, which finally kicks off a deployment from Source to the final destination.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com